About the Experiential Series
Our Experiential Series features whiskeys finished in different types of casks and barrels from a wide range of spirits, wines, and more. That additional aging time in finishing barrels imparts uniquely complex and nuanced flavor profiles to our whiskey for a truly special tasting experience. The Experiential Series are for people who like to explore things off the beaten path.
What Is Calvados?
Calvados is a category of brandy named after its home region in Normandy, France. Unlike its French brandy counterparts, Cognac and Armagnac, which are both derived from grapes, Calvados is made from apples. Apples are made into apple cider and that apple cider is distilled into brandy. You may not be able to always taste the grapes in Cognac, but the apples in Calvados are hard to miss. Aging our Four Grain Bourbon in used Calvados casks makes those golden apples shine brightly.
How to Enjoy
This Experiential Series whiskey is best enjoyed neat or with a little water to open up those deep Calvados barrel notes. It’s also perfect in a hot toddy for these cooler fall days.
- Nose: golden apple, autumn leaves, and orange blossom
- Taste: baking spice, clove oil, black tea, and fig
- Finishes: dry with light tannins
Calvados Finished Four Grain Bourbon Details
- Class & Type: Straight Bourbon Whiskey Finished in Calvados Cask
- Size: 750ml
- Distilled on: May 5, 2016
- Mash bill: Four Grain (60% #1 dent yellow corn, 20% heirloom wheat, 10% heirloom rye, 10% heirloom malted barley)
- Mash type: Sour mash, double distilled
- Harvested on: August 26, 2022
- Primary Finish: ISC 53 gallon American White Oak char #3
- Secondary finish: 400L Calvados cask
- Proof: Entry at 110.0 / Exit at 120.7 / In-bottle at 95
- Total maturation time: Six years, 3 months, and 21 days
- Batch size: 2 Barrels (#60 and #61), 1,029 bottles
- Price: $79.99
- Availability: Sold only from the Laws Whiskey House Tasting Room starting Wednesday 10/19/2022
A whiskey for whiskey nerds. There are no shortcuts and there are no secrets. We hope you enjoy this Experiential Series whiskey as much as we did through the process of dreaming and creating it. Cheers.
Founder, Laws Whiskey House
To stay informed about the latest news and releases from Laws Whiskey House, enter your email in the form below this post.