Last Updated: February 2021
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
- How We Use Your Information
- Disclosure of Your Information
- Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information
- Other Important Information
- On this Site.
- In e-mail, text, and other electronic messages between you and us.
- Through mobile and desktop applications that you download from this Site which we may offer now or in the future and which would provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Site.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Laws or any third party (including our affiliates); and
2. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Information We Collect. We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site and Services, including but not limited to:
- Information about how you interact with our Site, our Services, and the websites of our business partners;
- Your contact information, including your name and last name, home address, personal and business email addresses, and your phone number;
- Your profile information, including your profile photo and background photo;
- Your gender, date of birth and age;
- Photographic proof of age;
- Your reviews about our products and services, information about your preferences and consumption habits;
- Marketing communication and cookie preferences;
- Photographs and videos submitted by you or taken at one of our events;
- Profile pictures and social media profile information;
- The comments and contributions you may make on the web-based platform or mobile application;
- Additional information you may provide as you submit queries and requests to us about your ordering demographics, interests, and usage details related to our Site; and
- Any other information you choose to provide.
Ways in which we collect this information includes the following:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site, including mobile apps. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Create an online account with us.
- Participate in a prize promotion, contest or event.
- Make a purchase on one of our online stores or return something to us.
- Submit a review or participate in a survey.
- Communicate with us via social media.
- Contact us for assistance.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information Collected on our Siteand through our Services
Personal Information: The Personal Information we collect on or through our Site may include:
- Information that you provide by using our Site, such as information provided when you contact us with inquiries, respond to our surveys, register for access to the Laws Services, pay or use the Laws Services, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site.
- Your search queries on the Site.
You are under no obligation to provide any Personal Information to us at any time. Please note, however, that some functionality of our services may not be available without certain Personal Information. If you choose to withhold some Personal Information, we may be unable to provide you with certain services.
Service Data: We refer to the data collected and used by the Laws Services as “Service Data.” The information that is collected includes the following: data elements received from the web browser, operating system, or device, including the browser type and settings; information about the operating system or device; information about the geographic location of the device; the web address visited and the referring webpage; the IP address of the device; cookie information; and other web page or mobile application information. Service Data does not include, and the Service does not collect, use, or allow data that directly identifies an individual, such as name, address, phone number, email address, or government identifier.
Non-Identifiable Data: As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, such as traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, such as your browser type, your operating system, web pages visited, length of visit, content view, and links accessed and viewed.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services. Click here [https://www.eff.org/issues/do-not-track] for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this Site and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically does not include Personal Information, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our user base size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
The tools, such as Cookies, tags, scripts and other similar technologies, we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. You can manage your Flash cookie settings by visiting the Flash player settings page on Adobe’s website.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Site and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Information Which may be Collected by Third Parties
3. Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site or through any of its features, register on the Site, make any purchases through the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features that may be offered on this Site, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete that information from our database.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information [Section VII – HYPERLINK TO SECTION WITHIN TERMS].
5. How We Use Your Information
In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Laws Services, Laws may create “Anonymous Data” records or conduct research on its customer demographics, interests and behavior based on or by removing any Personal Information (including any contact information) that would allow the remaining data to be linked back to You. We may use the Anonymous Data for internal purposes, such as analyzing patterns and Services usage to improve what we offer. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. Additionally, We may use Anonymous Data to analyze and understand demographic trends, customer behavior patterns and preferences, and information that can help us enrich the content and quality of our Services. Laws may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our Services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- Present our Site and its contents to you;
- Provide you with information, products, or Services that you request from us;
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site;
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or Services we offer or provide though it;
- To communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and Services offered by us and our selected partners;
- To track your progress with the Services;
- To process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Conduct or administer surveys and other market research;
- Process and fulfill orders;
- To monitor suspicious activity and prevent fraud and other incidents from affecting your account;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Administering prize promotions, offers, and events:
We may conduct prize promotions, contests and other promotional offers. If you participate, we will use your information to administer such promotions and offers. If you are lucky enough to win, we might ask you for further information so that we can provide your prize and we will ask you to provide a copy of your photographic ID so that we can verify that you are of legal purchase age and, if required, to satisfy eligibility requirements. Some of these promotions have additional rules containing information about how we will use and disclose your Personal Information. We use this information to manage our contractual relationship with you.
If you contact us, or we contact you, we will use your Personal Information such as your purchase information and contact history for the purpose of providing you with assistance, handling inquiries, and complaints. We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, for our legitimate business reasons and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
Processing your order:
We use information about you to process your orders (including to determine that you meet the legal purchase age in your country), to take payment for items you have purchased from us, to dispatch items you have purchased or to process a return or request for a refund. We may also use your information to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions. We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
Sending you information about our (and third parties’) products and Services:
Where you have asked to receive marketing communications from us, we may send you information about our products, newsletters, promotions, offers or other information that we think might be of interest to you. We use Personal Information to send you marketing communications. You also may receive marketing communications from Laws if you have consented to receive alcohol marketing messages from an approved third-party partner. We will engage in these communications either because we have a legitimate interest or with your consent. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please follow the instructions under the heading “Unsubscribe” on any e-mail you receive from us.
We will seek to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
6. Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your Personal Information with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- Our service providers: We share Personal Information with our service providers in order to help them with their advertising campaigns, among other purposes.
- Market and industry research partners: We may share Personal Information with third parties for market and industry research purposes.
- Business Transfers: As part of our business transactions, we may sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our Site users may be among the assets transferred.
- Other: We may share your Personal Information and Service Data to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it or for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use any “refer a friend” feature of our Site, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
We may also disclose your Personal Information and Service Data if so required by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- Act in urgent circumstances if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Laws, our users, our customers, or the public.
7. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. Please refer to Section 8 for more information to access and correct your Personal Information. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt out by following the instructions using the “Unsubscribe” link on any e-mail you receive from us.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out by following the instructions in Section 8 below or using the “Unsubscribe” link on any e-mail you receive from us as applicable. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions. If you opt out of receiving such communications, note that we may continue to send you non-promotional e-mails (such as order confirmation e-mails or e-mails about changes to our legal terms).
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by following the instructions using the “Unsubscribe” link on any e-mail you receive from us.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
8. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner.
9. Access to Services By Individuals Who Are Underage
Our services are not directed to individuals who are under the legal age to purchase alcohol, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from such individuals.
10. Third-Party Services
11. Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your Personal Information.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
The owner of the Site is based in the State of Colorado in the United States. We provide this Site for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Site or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Site may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Site from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
13. Data SecuritY
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you to create a strong password and not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take commercially reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the services or otherwise to us.
If, we discover or receive notice that your information has been, or is reasonably believed to have been, acquired by an unauthorized person, we will notify you without unreasonable delay.
14. Social Media
16. Contact Information