The holiday season is nearly here and to help prepare, we put together a guide on how to be a holiday hero using your love whiskey and whiskey-related knowledge.
DON’T COME EMPTY HANDED
The first rule in guest etiquette is never to show up empty handed. As you plan your Thanksgiving feast and fill up your holiday calendar, remember Laws Whiskey House has you covered. Step up your gift giving skills and become the favorite guest at any party by gifting a bottle of Laws Whiskey. Stop by our tasting room, your favorite retailer, or visit our online store for bottles and other gift ideas for the whiskey lover in your life.
Thinking ahead to gifting season? Order through our ecommerce store by December 5th to ensure you receive your order in time for holiday celebrations. Our tasting room offers other unique gift ideas including our brand-new cocktail kits with everything you need for the perfect Old Fashioned or Hot Toddy.
WHISKEY TRIVIA TO IMPRESS YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY
1. To be a classified as Bourbon, whiskey must be at least 51% corn, made in America and aged in a brand-new charred oak barrel
2. The Bottled in Bond Act was passed in 1897. A Full nine years before America passed the first Food and Drug Protection Act in 1906
3. Straight Whiskey must be aged at least 2 years and cannot have any added flavors or coloring
4.Despite being made from grain, whiskey is gluten-free due to distillation removing gluten proteins
5.Whiskey barrels are charred between 15-55 seconds depending on the flavor profile you’re looking for.
HOW TO HOST WITH WHISKEY
Whiskey pairs well with many things on your Thanksgiving table from turkey to pie. Make any event flawless with a few hosting tricks we like to use:
- Pre-batch a whiskey cocktail so you have more time to socialize. Check out our Four Grain Apple Cider recipe in Glamour’s roundup of Winter Cocktails.
- Set up a tasting table for friends with some of your favorite bottles. This is the time to bust out the good stuff.
- Finally, there is no wrong way to drink whiskey so give guests the option of ice to open up the sipping experience.
MOST IMPORTANTLY, WHISKEY IS MEANT TO BE SHARED WITH FRIENDS
‘Tis the season to slow down and pour a dram with friends and family. Every great whiskey has a great story behind it and many great stories come from sharing great whiskey. This November we are thankful for good friends, good whiskey, and perfect whiskey drinking weather. Cheers!